PARENTS AS TEACHERS
If you would like to join PAT or have any questions, complete this Parents as Teachers Online Form.
Parents as Teachers (PAT) is a parent education and support program offered by the Malden R-I School District to prenatal moms and parents who have children under the age of five.
We offer prenatal and child development information designed to empower parents to be their child's first and best teacher. Research shows that the early years of a child's life are critical for optimal development and provide the foundation for success in school and in life; therefore, you play an integral role in your child's future success.
We understand being a parent is hard work. In the first few years, children learn more and at a faster pace than any other time in life. You help shape your child's future through the kinds of experiences you provide. You and your baby deserve the support Parents as Teachers offers. Give your child the best possible start in life because your baby was born to learn!
- Monthly Home Visits tailored to your child's age and development.
- Group Connections that offer peer support and interaction.
- Screenings that assess your child's overall development and connect you with local services.
- Parent Resource Center containing child development materials.
- Books to help build your child’s library.
For more information about Parents As Teachers, contact the Malden Elementary Office.